Is it permissible for 15-year-old people to ride Cub (mopeds with a under-50 cm3 cylinder) in Vietnam? What are the fines for 15-year-old people riding Cub (mopeds with a under-50 cm3 cylinder) in Vietnam? Hello Lawnet. Since I started learning at high school, my Mom has bought a Cub moped for me to ride to school. However, I was born on xx/12/2006, which means I'm only 15 now. I don't know if 15-year-old people is permissible to ride Cub (mopeds with a under-50 cm3 cylinder) in Vietnam. If not, what are the fines for that act? Looking forward to your consultancy. Thank you!
Pursuant to Point a, Clause 1, Article 60 of the Law on Road Traffic in 2008 stipulating the driver age as follows:
a/ Persons aged full 16 years or older may drive mopeds with a cylinder capacity of under 50 cm3;
b/ Persons aged full 18 years or older may drive motorcycles, three-wheeled motor vehicles with a cylinder capacity of 50 cm3 or higher and vehicles with similar structure; trucks, tractors with a mass of under 3,500 kg; passenger cars of up to 9 seats;
c/ Persons aged full 21 years or older may drive trucks, tractors with a mass of 3,500 kg or more; category-B2 vehicles pulling trailers (FB2);
d/ Persons aged full 24 years or older may drive passenger cars of between 10 and 30 seals; category-C vehicles pulling trailers or semi-trailers (FC);
dd/ Persons aged full 27 years or older may drive passenger cars of over 30 seals; category-D vehicles pulling trailers (FD);
e/ The maximum age of drivers of 30 seat-plus passenger cars is 50 for women and 55 for men.
As regulations above, 15-year-old people is not permissible to ride Cub (mopeds with a under-50 cm3 cylinder) in Vietnam. In your case, 1 day after your birthday, you will be 16 years old. Then, you are allowed to ride Cub.
Pursuant to Article 21 of the Decree 100/2019/NĐ-CP (amended by Clause 11, Article 2 of the Decree 123/2021/NĐ-CP) stipulating penalties for violations against regulations on qualification for operating motor vehicles in Vietnam as follows:
1. A person from 14 to under 16 years of age that operates a motorcycle or moped (including electric moped) and motorcycle-like vehicles or motor vehicle and the like and tractor shall receive a warning.
2. A fine ranging from VND 100,000 to VND 200,000 shall be imposed upon:
a) Any person operating a motorcycle or moped and the like without carrying an unexpired certificate of civil liability insurance for motor vehicles; or
b) Any person operating a motorcycle or moped and the like without carrying the certificate of vehicle registration; or
c) Any person operating a motorcycle and the like without carrying a driver’s license, except for the offences specified in point b clause 5 and point c clause 7 of this Article.
As regulations above, a warning is give out to 15-year-old people for riding Cub (mopeds with a under-50 cm3 cylinder) in Vietnam.
- Above is legal advice provided for customers of LawNet . If you require any further information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The content of the article is for reference only;
- The applicable terms may have expired at the time you are reading;
- If you have any questions about the copyright of the article, please contact us via Email: email@example.com;