Hello Lawnet. I'm studying regulations on providing client information of credit institutions and foreign banks’ branches. What are methods for requesting and providing client information at banks in Vietnam? Thank you!
Information about client’s transaction means information generated from transactions between the client and the credit institution or foreign bank's branch and includes client identification information, transaction documents, transaction time, number of transactions, transaction value, transaction balance and other relevant information.
Pursuant to Clause 1 Article 6 of the Decree 117/2018/NĐ-CP stipulating methods for requesting and providing client information at banks in Vietnam as follows:
- Indirect method: client information is requested or provided through post service providers or electronic means, telecommunications network and computer network system.
The request for and provision of client information through electronic means, telecommunications network and computer network system shall adhere to regulations of law on electronic transaction, guidelines from credit institutions and foreign banks' branches and technical requirements laid down by parties;
- Direct method: client information is requested or provided at the credit institutions and foreign banks’ branches and through representatives of parties.
Above are methods for requesting and providing client information at banks in Vietnam.
- Above is legal advice provided for customers of LawNet . If you require any further information, please send an email to email@example.com
- The content of the article is for reference only;
- The applicable terms may have expired at the time you are reading;
- If you have any questions about the copyright of the article, please contact us via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;