Is it permissible to import machinery that have been used for 18 years into Vietnam? How to calculate the age of machinery? Currently, I'm in wood business. In the near future, I'm going to extend my business and be in need of a large amount of wood drying machine. A friend of mine introduce me a supply of used machineries that are still in good condition. Those machineries have been used for 18 years. Is it permissible to import those machinery into Vietnam?
Pursuant to Article 6 of the Decision 18/2019/QĐ-TTg stipulating import criteria for used machinery and equipment as follows:
A piece of used machinery or equipment may be imported if it satisfies the following criteria:
1. Its age does not exceed 10 years. Ages of machinery and equipment in certain specific fields are provided for in the Appendix I enclosed herewith.
2. It is manufactured in accordance with:
a) National Technical Regulations (QCVN) on safety, energy saving, and environmental protection;
b) In case of unavailability of National Technical Regulations (QCVN) for the type of machinery or equipment to be imported, it must be manufactured in conformity with technical indicators of Vietnam’s Standards (TCVN) or Standards of G7 countries or Korea with regard to safety, energy saving, and environmental protection.
As prescribed in Appendix I of the Decision 18/2019/QĐ-TTg stipulating the age of some specific machineries that are allowed to be imported as follows:
The ages of dryers for wood, paper pulp, paper or paperboard with HS code are stipulated to not go over 15 years.
As regulations above, you are not allowed to import wood drying machines that have been used for 18 years. However, you can import those machines that have only been used for 15 years instead.
As prescribed in Appendix I of the Decision 18/2019/QĐ-TTg stipulating how to calculate the age of machinery and equipment in specific fields as follows:
Calculation of age (X): X = Year of import – Year of manufacturing
Age is expressed in years only.
E.g.: Equipment A is produced in January, 2008 and imported to Vietnam in December, 2018.
X = 2018 - 2008 = 10 (years)
- Above is legal advice provided for customers of LawNet . If you require any further information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The content of the article is for reference only;
- The applicable terms may have expired at the time you are reading;
- If you have any questions about the copyright of the article, please contact us via Email: email@example.com;